Here is the latest Sketch Challenge at Splitcoaststampers. Click on the link to find out more about it.
The sketch …
… and here is my card.
- As this design has a large open layer, I decided to try Jennifer McGuire’s Masking with Die Cuts Technique. I absolutely love the effect and can see that I will be going through all my dies to see what others I can use for this fabulous technique. Thanks so much for the inspiration Jennifer.
- I used both of the large butterfly dies from the Butterfly Beauty Dies with Highland Heather and Gorgeous Grape inks.
- Die cut both dies from some masking paper. I use the Avery Removable Multi-Purpose Labels.
- Centre the narrow mask on a piece of Whisper White cardstock. Sponge lightly all over the cardstock with a light shade of ink (I used Highland Heather).
- Place the wider mask over the top of the narrow mask and sponge with a darker ink – particularly around the shape of the mask.
- Carefully remove both masks and keep for your next project.
- Some Wink of Stella on the uninked white part of the butterfly adds some sparkle.
- Stamp Set: Itty Bitty Birthdays
- Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Night of Navy, Calypso Coral, Silver Foil, Classic Garage DSP (retired)
- Ink: Night of Navy
- Accessories: Garage Gears Dies, 1″ and 1¼” Circle Punches, Stitched Shapes Dies, Stitched Rectangles Dies, Dimensionals
- For the inside and envelope …
Why not have a go at this challenge? I would love to see your projects.