I am honoured to announce that the Color Challenge team at Splitcoaststampers has invited me to guest design with them for the month of August. Click on the link to find out more about the challenge for this week.
Here are the colours for this week’s challenge ….
… and here is my card.
- The dessert option this week is to use an Embossing Folder. I have used the new Button Button EF which is just perfect for the crafting theme of the images. Sponge lightly around the edge of the embossed layer before adding it to a Thick Whisper White card base.
- The pot was coloured with Flirty Flamingo and Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends to give a terracotta look.
- The brushes were coloured with the Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends, the craft blade with Dark Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends, and the handles with Dark Daffodil Delight, Dark and Light Flirty Flamingo, Dark Smoky Slate and Dark and Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends and the Pacific Point marker.
- A patch of Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends was used to seat the pot.
- The art panel was then die cut with the label from Wild Rose Dies and coloured around the stitched edge with the Pacific Point marker to create a faux layer.
- The Pacific Point strip across the card has been turned into a Faux Suede layer. This is a simple technique. Take a strip of cardstock and using a bone folder break down the fibres on both sides. You will know when it is complete as the cardstock will easily separate into two layers of faux suede.
- The sentiment was stamped on Whisper White with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then fussy cut. It looked a little stark so I coloured it with the Light Daffodil Delight Stampin’ Blends. I wasn’t happy with the look so coloured it over with the Light Smoky Slate Stampin’ Blends and added some Wink of Stella. I’m still not sure – what do you think?
- Stamp Set: Crafting Forever
- Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Pacific Point
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Pacific Point
- Accessories: Wild Rose Dies, Button Button Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Stampin’ Blends: Crumb Cake, Smoky Slate, Flirty Flamingo, Daffodil Delight
- For the inside and envelope ….
Why not have a go at this challenge? I would love to see your projects.