It is quite a while since I have included fancy fold cards in my technique classes, so for a recent class I taught the participants how to make two fancy fold cards. Here is the first one – a Landscape Corner Fold Card. Keep scrolling down to see the video on how to make it.
- Stamps – Tropical Chic
- Card Stock – Pool Party, Pretty Peacock, Whisper White, Dinoroar Designer Series Paper
- Ink – Mango Melody, Old Olive, Pretty Peacock
- Accessories – Tropical Dies, Dimensionals
- Card Base (Pool Party): 29.7cm x 10.5cm (11″ x 4¼”)
- Whisper White: 10cm x 14.3cm (4″ x 5¼”); 8cm x 8cm (3″ x 3″)
- Pretty Peacock: 8.5cm x 8.5cm (3¼” x 3¼”)
- DSP: 3.8cm x 10cm (1″ x 4″)
- Start with a piece of cardstock 29.7cm x 10.5cm (11″ x 4¼”).
- Score at 14.8cm (5½”) on the long side.
- Mark 10.5cm (4¼”) from the top left hand corner and score from this point to the bottom left hand corner.
- Score 0.5cm (¼”) from the top left hand corner along the top to the diagonal score line.
- Score 0.5cm (¼”) from the top left hand corner along the side to the diagonal score line.
- Fold card in half along the 14.8cm (5½”) score line.
- Fold from the top right corner along the diagonal score line.
- Use Liquid Glue to adhere the folded piece to the front of the card.
- Attach the DSP along the left hand side of the card front, centering it in the rectangular area.
- Decorate Whisper White layer (with leaf, hibiscus and sentiment images) and attach to Pretty Peacock layer.
- Attach layered piece to the front of the card lining up on the top left and bottom right corners of the diagonal fold. Take care to only add adhesive to the lower diagonal half.
- Decorate inside layer as desired. (OPTIONAL Draw a border 0.5cm (¼”) all around the layer.) Attach to the card.
- ….. inside and envelope
Here is the video with all the details:
You can see other samples of this technique here.