In a recent class, I showed participants a number of inky techniques. The first one was wrinkle free distress.
- The basis for this technique is to add a number of inks to a craft sheet (or plastic surface) by dragging the ink pads across it, spritz with water so that the ink starts to bubble and then lay the cardstock on the ink to pick up the colour.
- Inks used on all cards were Tranquil Tide, Mint Macaron and Lemon Lime Twist.
- For the above card, I used watercolor paper. As you can see, the colours are very vivid.
- I also tried the technique using Glossy White cardstock and Whisper White cardstock.
- Here is the Glossy White one:
- Although it is a little difficult to see, the colours are not as bright. I found that the Glossy cardstock is not as forgiving with lots of water. Patience is the way to go, leaving it to dry naturally.
- The last version uses Whisper White cardstock:
- Again, this cardstock is not as forgiving with water, but still creates a very pretty background.
For the class, we used the watercolor paper. I love the finished card with the bright coloured flowers to complement the background.
Click on the photo of the Occasions Catalogue to download a PDF file
You can download a PDF version of the 2018 Annual Catalogue, or contact me if you would like your own copy.