Here is another example of the Shaving Cream Technique.
- The technique:
- Add a layer of shaving cream to a paper plate or other flat surface. The layer only needs to be about 1-2cm thick. Make the layer wide enough so that a piece of cardstock will fit over it.
- Smooth out the shaving cream with an old gift card or a thick piece of cardstock.
- Randomly add drops of desired colour inks over the surface of the shaving cream – four or five drops all up will be more than enough. Remember – less is more.
- Take a skewer or paddle pop stick and gently swirl the ink around to mix the colour. Do not mix too much or you will be left with a muddy look.
- Lay the cardstock flat on the shaving cream then lift straight up. Use the thick cardstock or paddle pop stick to scrape off the excess shaving cream. Polish with a paper towel and decorate as desired.
- For this card, I stamped the images on the shaving cream panel and die cut them with matching Framelits.
- Stamp Set: Petal Palette
- Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Soft Sky, Whisper White
- Ink for art panel: Memento Tuxedo Black, Crumb Cake
- Ink for shaving cream panel: Poppy Parade, Mango Melody, Coastal Cabana
- Accessories: Sponges, Stitched Shapes Framelits, Dimensionals, Shaving Cream
… a little on the inside and envelope too
The 2018 Annual Catalogue is now available. You can download a PDF version here, or contact me if you would like your own copy.