In the new catalogue, you can get a pack of cute polka dot pillow boxes. But what if you want one to match a card you are making, or just one that is totally different? Today I have a video to show you how to create your own pillow box using one from the catalogue as a template.
Here is one from the catalogue, decorated using the Label Me Pretty stamp set and Pretty Label punch.
…. and here is one that I have made using the Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper and the Darling Label Punch Box.
- Use a piece of cardstock or Designer Series Paper that is 6″ x 6½”.
- On the long side, score at 3″ and 6″. Burnish the scores and fold.
- Trace the curved ends and cut.
- Punch out part of the ½” Circle Punch at each end (on one side only).
- Use a bone folder to score the curved folds.
- Adhere the side of the box using Tear & Tape Adhesive.
- Carefully fold the curved score lines.
- Decorate as desired.
- Stamp Set: Darling Label
- Cardstock: Share What You Love Specialty Designer Series Paper, Whisper White
- Ink: Rich Razzleberry
- Accessories: Darling Label Punch, 1/8″ Gold Cord, Dimensionals. ½” Circle Punch
Here is my small template with the curved ends and a reminder of what size to cut and score.
Check out my YouTube video for a more detailed explanation.
The 2018 Annual Catalogue is now available. You can download a PDF version here, or contact me if you would like your own copy.