I have an Inside Shadow Box fancy fold card for my project today. The last time I made one of these about 6 years ago, it was known as a mini aperture box card (see the post here). The design I have used is a little different, but the general look is the same. Thanks to Jennifer McGuire for the inspiration.
This is the inside, the shadow box – with lots of decoration and colour.
- The images from the new Very Vintage Host set are just perfect for a collage / vintage look. In the shadow box, the images have been coloured using the Stampin’ Blends alcohol markers.
- Stamp Sets: Very Vintage, Perennial Birthday
- Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Pool Party
- Ink: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Sahara Sand, Pool Party, Stampin’ Blends: Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Pool Party, Calypso Coral
- Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framelits, Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder, Copper Trim, Dimensionals, Sponges
The outside of the card is quite simple:
- Use the images in the Very Vintage stamp set and Sahara Sand ink to create a collage look on the front of the card base.
- Lightly spritz a piece of Pool Party with water and emboss with the Subtle Dynamic Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Whilst it is difficult to see all the detail of the embossing in the photo, in real life it creates a very textured look.
- Attach the embossed Pool Party piece to an Early Espresso layer and add to the card base.
- Stamp the sentiment from Perennial Birthday on the stitched oval using Early Espresso ink. Add some flowers from Very Vintage using Sahara Sand ink. Attach the oval to the card front with Dimensionals. Tie a small bow using Copper Trim and attach below the sentiment with a Mini Glue Dot.
I love this type of card and will have to make sure that it is not another 6 years before I make another one.
The 2018 Annual Catalogue is now available. You can download a PDF version here, or contact me if you would like your own copy.