In a recent technique class, we used shaving cream to create unique backgrounds. Today I have one of the cards.
- The technique:
- Add a layer of shaving cream to a paper plate or other flat surface. The layer only needs to be about 1-2cm thick. Make the layer wide enough so that a piece of cardstock will fit over it.
- Smooth out the shaving cream with an old gift card or a thick piece of cardstock.
- Randomly add drops of desired colour inks over the surface of the shaving cream – four or five drops all up will be more than enough. Remember – less is more.
- Take a skewer or paddle pop stick and gently swirl the ink around to mix the colour. Do not mix too much or you will be left with a muddy look.
- Lay the cardstock flat on the shaving cream then lift straight up. Use the thick cardstock or paddle pop stick to scrape off the excess shaving cream. Polish with a paper towel and decorate as desired.
- Stamp Set: Rooted in Nature, Make a Difference
- Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Whisper White, Merry Merlot
- Ink for art panel: Coastal Cabana, Merry Merlot
- Ink for shaving cream panel: Merry Merlot, Petal Pink, Coastal Cabana
- Accessories: Dimensionals, Shaving Cream
… a little on the inside and envelope too
You can download a PDF version of the Annual Catalogue here, or contact me if you would like your own copy.