You all know how much I love fancy fold cards. Today, I have one for you called a Bridge Fold or U Fold card – and the best part is that I have a video and PDF files to assist you in creating your own.
All of the samples today use very different elements so that you can see just how versatile this fancy fold can be. It would also create a great birthday card (a future post).
This one is looking down on an angle so that you can easily see all the inside detail.
- This is the one that I make in the video.
- Supplies used were Christmas Around the World DSP, Crumb Cake, Pool Party and Soft Suede cardstocks, Woodland TIEF, with Every Good Wish stamp set and Real Red ink for the sentiment on the back.
- Cardstock: Sahara Sand, Whisper White, Tranquil Tide
- Stamp Sets: Lovely As A Tree, Merry Patterns (available FREE as Host set until the end of October – see below for details), Every Good Wish for the sentiment on the back.
- Ink: Soft Sky, Tranquil Tide, Soft Suede
- Accessories: Sweetheart Dynamic TIEF, Card Front Builder Thinlits, Classic Label Punch
- This one was made by my sister Margie Gorman. Thanks Margie for your inspiration.
- Supplies: Dapper Denim, Smoky Slate, Whisper White cardstock, Dapper Denim ink, Night in Bethlehem stamp set, Bethlehem Edgelits
- This one was created by my sister Helen Betts. Thanks Helen for your inspiration.
- Supplies: Thick Whisper White, Lemon Lime Twist, Whisper White, Basic Black cardstock, Naturally Eclectic DSP, Lemon Lime Twist and Real Red ink, Brightly Lit Christmas stamp set, Christmas Lamppost Thinlits, Sweetheart Dynamic TIEF.
Measurements and PDF files:
- Metric Measurements:
- Card Base: 21cm x 10.5cm scored at 3cm, 6cm, 15cm and 18 cm
- Strip for images: 3cm x 11cm scored 1cm from each end on the long side. (Use 1 or 2 strips depending on design of card)
- ‘Bridge’ piece for across front: 15cm x 3.5cm
- Layers: 18.5cm x 10cm for front background, 8.5cm x10cm for back of card
- Click here for Metric PDF file.
- Imperial Measurements:
- Card Base: 8½” X 4¼” scored as above
- Strip for images: 1¼” X 4¼” scored 3/8” from each end on the long side. (Use 1 or 2 strips depending on design of card)
- ‘Bridge’ piece for across front: 1½” X 6”
- Layers: 7 7/8” X 4 1/8” for front background, 3 3/8” X 4 1/8” for back of card
- Click here for Imperial PDF file.
Here is the video with some tips on how to create a Bridge / U Fancy Fold card.
Let me know what you think.