My other August 2014 Creative Crew challenge is to “Make It Manly”. Here is an easy masculine card. You can use almost any images, add a layer, angle it on a base card, stamp a sentiment and there you have it.
I created extra texture with this sample. I inked an acrylic block with Pistachio Pudding, Wild Wasabi and Old Olive. The block was then lightly spritzed with water and pressed onto a piece of Watercolor Paper. Whilst the paper was still wet, I added some rock salt. Once the paper dried, I brushed off the salt which had created a mottled look where it had reactied with the ink. The leaf image from Kinda Eclectic was then stamped randomly with Old Olive. The art panel was layered with Early Espresso and added to a Naturals Ivory base. The sentiment comes from Four You.
You can still do ‘fancy’ techniques for masculine cards. It isn’t that difficult really.
Why not join in and see what you can do with this challenge.
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- The new annual catalogue is now available. Contact me to arrange your copy today.
- For all of August 2014, you can purchase the Big Shot and receive a FREE stamp set and matching framelit set. Visit my shop to get yours, and I will provide you with special lessons on using it.
- Check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack while you are visiting my shop.
- Blendabilities are your new best colouring friends. They are an alcohol based marker that come in a pack of three – dark, medium and light. There are 12 colours and an assortment of 6 skin tones. All Blendabilities are now available. Click here to check what I have made with them so far.
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?