This is another one for my August 2014 Creative Crew challenge to “Use Textured Impressions Embossing Folders”. There are so many ways to use an embossing folder. Check out the tutorials section on Splitcoaststampers.
Here I am showcasing the Embossing Folder Stamping technique. For this technique, you don’t even need to have a Big Shot or Texture Boutique Embossing Machine. All you need is a Textured Impressions Embossing Folder. Take the folder and ink up the raised area [usually the inside of the front – but check], add your card stock, carefully close the folder and rub your hand over it to transfer the pattern. Remove it, and decorate as required.
In my sample, I have used the Modern Mosaic TIEF inked with Sahara Sand on Very Vanilla card stock. The tree from Thoughts & Prayers was stamped using Mossy Meadow and the sentiment from Teeny Tiny Sentiments was stamped with Blackberry Bliss. I used a piece of Moonlight DSP in the Beautiful Wings Embosslits to create the smallest butterfly which was added to the top of the tree. A small pearl provides his body. Mossy Meadow Stitched Satin Ribbon separates the image from the sentiment. The art panel is layered on Mossy Meadow and a base of Wild Wasabi. To complete the card, I added a row of small pearls under the sentiment.
Why not join in and see what you can do with this challenge.
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- The new annual catalogue is now available. Contact me to arrange your copy today.
- For all of August 2014, you can purchase the Big Shot and receive a FREE stamp set and matching framelit set. Visit my shop to get yours, and I will provide you with special lessons on using it.
- Check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack while you are visiting my shop.
- Blendabilities are your new best colouring friends. They are an alcohol based marker that come in a pack of three – dark, medium and light. There are 12 colours and an assortment of 6 skin tones. All Blendabilities are now available. Click here to check what I have made with them so far.
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?