The Floating Reinker technique is my showcased piece today.
I stamped one of the new Peaceful Petals images onto Shimmery White with Versamark and heat embossed it with White EP. Once cool, I sprayed the image with water until there were small pools of water. On a piece of plastic or a plate, add a drop of two of selected inks. I have used Raspberry Ripple, Daffodil Delight and Gumball Green for this flower. Using an Aqua Painter, pick up some ink and drop it onto one of the embossed areas. Depending on the amount of water, the ink will spread. Move to the next area and repeat the process until all the areas on the images are coloured. Put aside to dry, or speed up the process with a heat gun. Each finished image will look slightly different depending on the amount of water and ink used.
My base card stock is Raspberry Ripple. This was layered with Whisper White firstly embossed with the Modern Mosaic TIEF, and then with the rectangle Designer Frames TIEF. This technique is known as double embossing. After sponging around the frame, I added the flower with dimensionals. On the lower part of the embossed white, I added a matching embossed layer of Raspberry Ripple. The sentiment, also from Peaceful Petals was punched out with the Mosaic punch.
A very elegant, clean and simple card, wouldn’t you agree?
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- Sale-a-bration is here. Until 31 March 2014, you can get FREE product for each $90 in purchases. Click on the link above to download a digital copy or email me to receive a paper copy.
- The Occasions Catalogue is here. Click on the link above to download a digital copy or email me to receive a paper copy.
- Best of Limited Edition stamp set this month is Best of Greetings.
- The Texture Boutique™ Embossing Machine is an economical way to add a WOW factor to your project.
- The Envelope Punch Board is not just for envelopes. Did you know you can make all sorts of boxes too?
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?