Create two art panels with the soft and subtle look of water stamping.
- Use Blending Brushes and water based dye inks to add ink to a piece of watercolor paper. Continue adding ink until the paper is covered with deep colour. The darker the colour the better impression you will get when stamping with water. (I used Gorgeous Grape and Daffodil Delight inks on my samples.)
- Place a solid detailed image stamp onto an acrylic block.
- Lightly spritz the stamp with water.
- Press stamp onto the watercolor paper. Hold for a few seconds and lift off. Dab the wet area with a paper towel to set the image.
- Take the stamp and press onto another piece of watercolor paper.
- Clean the stamp and repeat steps 3, 4 and 5 until you have enough images on both pieces of the watercolor paper.
The Soft Sea Foam card base was embossed with the 3D Fern Embossing Folder. The iris image was stamped on a corner of the coloured watercolor panel with Stazon Jet Black ink. The sentiment from Go To Greetings was stamped on Very Vanilla cardstock with Gorgeous Grape ink and the panel die cut with a Stylish Shapes die. A piece of Gold Metallic Edge Ribbon completes the card.
The card base of Thick Very Vanilla was stamped second generation with the iris image and Sahara Sand ink. The other half of the coloured piece was used here, also with a black iris stamped in the corner. The sentiment is also from Go To Greetings and was punched with the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch.
This card uses the ‘stamped off’ images. Doesn’t it give a beautiful soft look?
I created a standard gatefold card with a sentiment from Charming Sentiments die cut with Stylish Shapes dies.
The iris image is from the Wonderful World stamp set. This set is FREE with a qualifying order during the current Sale-a-Bration promotion which ends on 31 August 2022. Check it and all of the other FREE products in my online shop.
Click on the pictures below to download PDFs of current catalogues or click on Shop Now to go to my online shop.