I had so much fun playing with the Poppin’ Pastels technique recently that I had to make some more cards with it. Today I have a fancy fold card combined with the technique for a fun Christmas card.
- One of the new products in the current Annual Catalogue is the set of Soft Pastels. I do not have them, but luckily I still have the original Stampin’ Pastels to play with.
- This card uses an old but fun technique known as Poppin’ Pastels:
- Stamp images with Versamark ink on a piece of Basic White cardstock that measures 10cm x 14.3cm. This is the art panel for the card front.
- Stamp another piece that measures 5cm x 14.3cm. This is for the inside.
- Add pastels to both pieces using Blending Brushes or Sponge Daubers. The pastels will stay on the stamped images thanks to the sticky nature of the Versamark ink.
- Attach the art panel to the front of a Cinnamon Cider card base (21cm x 14.8cm scored at 10.5cm) ensuring that there is no adhesive around the area to be die cut.
- Die cut a circle in the top third centre of the card front. Separate the Cinnamon Cider piece from the art panel.
- Die cut a slightly smaller circle from the art panel. Keep both the full circle and the outline piece that has been cut.
- Take a piece of Basic White that measures 20cm x 14.3cm. Score on the long side at 10cm and 15cm.
- Attach the large side to the inside of the card base (the folded pieces hanging over the right hand side).
- Attach the smaller piece coloured with the pastels in the panel between 10 and 15cm (see photo above).
- Fold the insert and close the card.
- Take the Cinnamon Cider circle and adhere to the right hand piece of the insert showing through the card front.
- Take the art panel circle and adhere to the Cinnamon Cider circle using Dimensionals.
- Open the card and fold out the insert then close the card with the insert still open.
- Adhere the outline circle from the art panel to the insert through the die cut circle on the card front.
- Stamp a sentiment in the circle.
- Add a sentiment to the outside of the card using a piece of Basic White. I used the Detailed Trio Punch to round the top left and bottom right corners before adding to the card with Dimensionals.
- Stamp Sets: Christmas Season, Christmas to Remember
- Cardstock: Cinnamon Cider, Basic White
- Ink: Cinnamon Cider, Versamark
- Accessories: Layering Circles Dies, Detailed Trio Punch, Stampin’ Pastels, Sponge Daubers, Dimensionals
You can see previous projects I have made using the Poppin’ Pastels technique here.
The 2021 Annual Catalogue has some amazing new products. Stop by regularly to check out my new creations. Click on the link below to download a PDF version.
The July to December Mini Catalogue is now live and will be around until 3 January. Download the PDF for the mini catalogue by clicking on the picture below.
Click on Shop Now to go to my online shop.