For the latest Sketch Challenge at splitcoaststampers.com I am taking the double dare and have created a swing easel card.
The sketch ….
My card …
- My art panel started out as a Blended Alcohol background on watercolor paper. The results were nothing like that on vellum and I was not happy with the effect. However, I used some white craft ink direct to paper to add some texture and then used a Pigma Micron pen to add some whimsy flowers and leaves around the coloured shapes. I will have to have another try on the watercolor paper soon.
- Supplies to create the Blended Alcohol background:
- Watercolor Paper
- 90% or above Isopropyl Alcohol
- Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers
- Paint Brush or Water Painter
- How to create the Blended Alcohol background:
- Use the Blends to add splotches of each colour randomly across a piece of watercolor paper. Do not leave very much white space.
- Dip paint brush into alcohol and dab each of the splotches. The colours will start to move and blend into each other.
- Allow the panel to dry and then add splatters of alcohol with the paint brush.
- Allow splatters to dry.
- Stamp Set: Many Messages
- Cardstock: Evening Evergreen, Polished Pink, Watercolor Paper, Basic White, Watercolor Paper
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Accessories: Messages Die, Water Painter, Isopropyl Alcohol (at least 90%), Dimensionals, Stampin’ Blends: Soft Succulent, Polished Pink, Evening Evergreen
Inside of the card and envelope ….
The 2021 Annual Catalogue is now live and has some amazing new products. Stop by regularly to check out my new creations. Click on the link below to download a PDF version. Click on Shop Now to go to my online shop.