In a recent technique class, we used shaving cream to create unique backgrounds. Today I have another one of the cards.
- This time I have used the panel created by the shaving cream to die cut some trees.
- Here is a recap of the technique:
- Add a layer of shaving cream to a paper plate or other flat surface. The layer only needs to be about 1-2cm thick. Make the layer wide enough so that a piece of cardstock will fit over it.
- Smooth out the shaving cream with an old gift card or a thick piece of cardstock.
- Randomly add drops of desired colour inks over the surface of the shaving cream – four or five drops all up will be more than enough. Remember – less is more.
- Take a skewer or paddle pop stick and gently swirl the ink around to mix the colour. Do not mix too much or you will be left with a muddy look.
- Lay the cardstock flat on the shaving cream then lift straight up. Use the thick cardstock or paddle pop stick to scrape off the excess shaving cream. Polish with a paper towel and decorate as desired.
- Sponge a piece of Whisper White cardstock with Soft Sky and Soft Sea Foam to create a background. Stamp some trees from Rooted in Nature using Soft Suede ink. Add the die cut trees with Dimensionals in front of the stamped images. Add a sentiment.
- Layer the art panel with Soft Suede and attach to a Thick Very Vanilla card base.
- Stamp Set: Rooted in Nature
- Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Very Vanilla, Whisper White, Soft Suede
- Ink for art panel: Soft Sea Foam, Soft Sky, Soft Suede
- Ink for shaving cream panel: Poppy Parade, Mango Melody
- Accessories: Nature’s Roots Framelits, Dimensionals, Shaving Cream
… a little on the inside and envelope too
The 2018 Annual Catalogue is now available. You can download a PDF version here, or contact me if you would like your own copy.