For the second of the techniques in our technique class this month, I am bringing back another old favourite – Faux Silk. I also have a video which I made last year to show you how easy it is to create these great effects.
- Stamp images on white tissue paper and allow to dry. Crunch up the paper into a small ball and then carefully open out, leaving most of the creases.
- Totally cover a piece of white cardstock with adhesive and pat the tissue paper onto it, taking care to keep the creases. Fold the edges of the tissue paper over to the back and adhere.
- Card 1:
- Stamp Sets: Post Script, Petal Palette, Wood Words
- Cardstock: Very Vanilla, Pool Party, Whisper White
- Ink: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin’ Blends – Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
- Accessories: White Tissue Paper, 1-3/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, 1-1/8″ Scallop Circle Punch, Petals & More Thinlits, Pool Party Shimmer Ribbon, Dimensionals.
- Card 2:
- Stamp Set: Paisley & Posies
- Cardstock: Elegant Eggplant, Whisper White, Silver Glimmer Paper
- Ink: Elegant Eggplant, Wisteria Wonder
- Accessories: Paisley Framelits, Silver Natural Trim, Dimensionals
Check out my video for a more visual effect.