The theme for last week’s classes included dragonflies, bees and the Faux Silk technique.
For the first card, bees are the main focus.
- Lightly spritz a piece of So Saffron cardstock with water, and emboss with the Hexagons Dynamic TIEF. (This embossing folder is much thicker than the regular folders, and the spritzing stops the cardstock from cracking.) Allow to dry and attach to a Sahara Sand card base.
- Attach Burlap Ribbon and Silver Natural Trim across the lower part of the embossed panel.
- Stamp three bees and a sentiment from Dragonfly Dreams with Tip Top Taupe ink on Whisper White cardstock.
- Die cut the bees with the matching Detailed Dragonfly Thinlit and add to the card.
- Use the Banner Triple Punch to flag the ends of the sentiment and attach to the card.
- And for the inside, ink part of the TIEF and lightly press the cardstock over it to create a soft ‘stamped’ image. Stamp a bee in the corner to complete the look.
The Detailed Dragonfly Thinlits and the Dragonfly Dreams stamp set can currently be purchased as a bundle to save 10%.
I would be happy to hold a workshop for you, or even an online ‘party’. Send me an email if you are interested.
Contact me to get your FREE 2017 Occasions Catalogue and Sale-a-Bration Catalogue. You can download PDF versions from my sidebar or main menu.
Contact me or visit my shop to see all the new products.