A few weeks ago, I showed you a Pop Out Swing Card and promised a tutorial on how to make it. Here it is. I hope you enjoy trying out this easy fancy fold.
Supplies (all Stampin’ Up!®):
Card base – 21cm x 14.8cm scored at 10.5cm (I used Mint Macaron)
Inside Layer – 13.8cm x 15cm (I used Whisper White)
Front Layers – 6.5cm x 6.5cm; 6cm x 6cm (I used Night of Navy and Whisper White)
Thoughts & Prayers, Kinda Eclectic, Petite Petals, Awesomely Artistic
Melon Mambo, Mint Macaron, Night of Navy
Square Framelits, Petite Petals Punch, Rhinestones or Pearls, Multipurpose Liquid Glue
- Using Square Framelits or paper trimmer, cut a 3” / 7.5cm square from the top half of the card front. Centre it so that it is equidistant from the top and both sides.
- Decorate the Whisper White front layer and adhere it to the Night of Navy layer and then to the Mint Macaron layer.
- Check out the photo to see how the inside layer folds into three equal pieces. Decorate the Whisper White inside layer taking account of where these folds will be. Score the decorated layer at 5cm and 10cm. Fold the first score in a mountain fold and the second score into a valley fold.
- Fold the inside layer and add adhesive only to the back of the last panel. Adhere it to the inside of the card base so that it is equidistant from the top, bottom and right hand side.
- Close the card and add liquid glue to the part of the inside layer that can be seen through the window and attach the front panel.
- Stamp a flower, punch out, attach to the middle of the left hand side of the art panel and decorate with rhinestones or pearls.
- The card can be opened using the flower.
Click here to download a PDF file with these instructions.
Contact me if you would like further details on this project. If you have a technique that you would like me to showcase, please let me know.
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- Click here or on the side bar to get your digital version of the 2015-2016 Annual Catalogue or contact me to order your own copy today.
- Check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack while you are visiting my shop.