This month’s technique is Spotlight. As the name suggests, this puts the spotlight on a small portion of the image by colouring that part and leaving the rest as an outline.
- Stamp full outline image. I used Sweetbriar Rose.
- Stamp the portion of the image that you are going to spotlight on a scrap piece.
- Decide the exact part of the image to spotlight.
- Punch the spotlight portion.
- Colour the spotlight portion.
- Punch out a coloured layer and attach it to the spotlight.
- Line up and attach the spotlight to the full image.
- Complete card as desired.
This technique provides a WOW factor with very little effort. Try it with any detailed line art image.
If you have any queries, please leave me a comment or click on the contact button at the bottom of the page.
(all Stampin’ Up! which can be purchased in my online shop)
Card Stock: Naturals White, Basic Black, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Back to Black DSP
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Blendabilities: Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi
Stamps: Sweetbriar Rose
Accessories: 1″ Circle Punch, 1¼” Circle Punch
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- Check out the Occasions Catalogue to see lots of great new products.
- Sale-A-Bration is on from 6 January 2015 to 31 March 2015. You can earn one free product for each $90 you spend [before postage and handling]. Contact me to get your catalogue or click on the side bar to get an electronic version, then visit my shop to get your products today.
- There are 4 new FREE products for Sale-A-Bration during March – even more reason to shop now. Details are in the PDF here.
- Check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack while you are visiting my shop.
- Blendabilities are your new best colouring friends. They are an alcohol based marker that come in a pack of three – dark, medium and light. There are 16 colours and an assortment of 6 skin tones. Click here to check what I have made with them so far.
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?