This is for TexasGrammy’s “Not a Flat Flower!” August 2014 Creative Crew challenge.
The base card of Pistachio Pudding was layered with Mossy Meadow and the grid pattern from Flashback DSP. The birthday sentiment from Sassy Salutations was stamped in Mossy Meadow in the right hand corner. Using three of the Daydream Medallion images, I stamped three of each in Blackberry Bliss on Whisper White. The second size was stamped off once and the smallest was stamped off twice to give a graduated colour effect. The two larger images were then cut with matching Floral Frame Framelits. I used my paper snips to cut between the shaped edges and then curved the flowers with a bone folder. The smallest image was punched with the 3/4″ circle punch. The flowers were then layered using Glue Dots and attached to the card with dimensionals. To create some leaves, I cut some pieces of the 3/8″ Mossy Meadow Stitched Satin Ribbon, folded them in half and attached under the flowers with Glue Dots. To complete the project, I coloured some Rhinestones with the darkest of the Rich Razzleberry Blendabilities and added them to the centre of the flowers.
A pretty floral card with no flat flowers in sight.
Don’t forget there are only a few days to take advantage of the Big Shot and bundles deal. The stamps and Framelits I used today are one of the bundles you can get. Visit my shop to get yours today.
Thanks for checking out my blog.
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- The Holiday Catalogue is now available. Contact me to arrange your copy today.
- For all of August 2014, you can purchase the Big Shot and receive a FREE stamp set and matching framelit set. Visit my shop to get yours, and I will provide you with special lessons on using it.
- Check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack while you are visiting my shop.
- Blendabilities are your new best colouring friends. They are an alcohol based marker that come in a pack of three – dark, medium and light. There are 12 colours and an assortment of 6 skin tones. All Blendabilities are now available. Click here to check what I have made with them so far.
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?