Did you know that Splitcoaststampers provides a new tutorial each week and also runs many weekly challenges to help get your creative juices flowing? It has been a while since I have participated in a challenge. Today, I am going to try the recent tutorial on No-Line Piercing and combine it with Sketch Challenge SC479. This is the sketch.
My base card of Island Indigo was stamped tone on tone with one of the flower images from Fabulous Florets. Pool Party provides the Decorative Dots TIEF embossed layer. To create the focal image, I stamped two of the images from Fabulous Florets on the back of watercolour paper. This was then pierced along the outline of the images. Turn the watercolour paper over and colour the images. I used an Aqua Painter with Strawberry Slush, Gumball Green, Crushed Curry and Basic Black. This was then cut with a Deco Label Framelit and added to the base. The sentiment from Oh Hello, was punched with the Large Oval Punch, matted with Pool Party punched with the Extra Large Oval Punch and added to the card with dimensionals.
An unusual technique which needs large open images. Why not give it a try?
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- Sale-a-bration is here. Until 31 March 2014, you can get FREE product for each $90 in purchases. Click on the link above to download a digital copy or email me to receive a paper copy.
- The Occasions Catalogue is here. Click on the link above to download a digital copy or email me to receive a paper copy.
- Best of Limited Edition stamp set this month is Best of Autumn.
- The Texture Boutique™ Embossing Machine is an economical way to add a WOW factor to your project.
- The Envelope Punch Board is not just for envelopes. Did you know you can make all sorts of boxes too?
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?