The bee from Backyard Basics teams beautifully with the Hexagon Hive Thinlits.
Instead of cutting out the hive, I used the Thinlits Die to emboss a piece of Whisper White. Whilst the die was still on the card stock, I sponged it with Crushed Curry. After stamping a sentiment from Six Sided Sampler, I added the white panel to a base of Baked Brown Sugar. Some matching Stretch Ruffle Trim was added along the bottom of the panel. The bees were stamped in Basic Gray, cut with the matching Framelit, coloured with a Blender Pen and Crushed Curry, then added to the card with dimensionals.
We often forget that the dies can also be used to emboss. Have you tried it yet?
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- Sale-a-bration is here. Until 31 March 2014, you can get FREE product for each $90 in purchases. Click on the link above to download a digital copy or email me to receive a paper copy.
- The Occasions Catalogue is here. Click on the link above to download a digital copy or email me to receive a paper copy.
- Best of Limited Edition stamp set this month is Best of Autumn.
- The Texture Boutique™ Embossing Machine is an economical way to add a WOW factor to your project.
- The Envelope Punch Board is not just for envelopes. Did you know you can make all sorts of boxes too?
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?