On page 110 of the catalogue, there is an example of the sunburst technique.
I have tried to duplicate the effect using Quatrefancy Specialty DSP, Whisper White, Naturals White and Island Indigo card stock. It is quite simple. Just cut some DSP and card stock 4cm by 11.5cm, then cut each piece diagonally. If you want, you can run the card stock pieces through an embossing folder. Take a piece of Whisper White the size of your layer [here it is 9.5cm by 13.8cm] and select a centre point for your sunburst. Cover the pieces with adhesive and align the point of the first piece of DSP at the centre point, and then just keep adding pieces either side until the white card stock is covered. Trim the excess DSP that hangs over the card stock. Embellish as desired and add to card.
How about that for a simple WOW?
What’s happening now with Stampin’ Up! – links to relevant posts are on the sidebar
- The new catalogue is live. Check out all the great new products, and the returning favourites.
- Best of Limited Edition stamp set this month is butterflies,
- Some of the Greetings stamp sets are reduced by 25% until the end of the month.
- There are 5 single stamps available until 31 August 2013.
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?
If you wish to add to your stamping supplies, you can now shop 24/7 in my online shop.