Have you ever thought about using Masking Tape to create beautiful backgrounds for your paper crafting projects? Keep reading to find out how.
- The Magical Masking technique is a create way to create a unique background every time with some ink pads and masking tape. You can create different looks by using Basic White cardstock instead of watercolor paper, and varying the amount of spritzing from heavy to none. You can see other samples of my Magical Masking here.
- For today’s sample:
- Lightly press or swipe a piece of masking tape on an ink pad and then press onto a piece of watercolor paper.
- Repeat this process with as many colours as desired.
- Spritz the paper with water to allow the colours to run into each other.
- Allow to dry or use a heat tool to dry quickly.
- Use a large Stitched with Whimsy Die to create a frame around the art panel.
- Stamp a sentiment on the top right.
- Take a black inkpad and use the direct to paper method to add a frame on the front of the Vanilla card base.
- Attach the art panel.
- Punch some small dragonflies with Basic White cardstock and attach to the art panel.
- Stamp Sets: Nature’s Harvest, Dragonfly Garden
- Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Basic White, Watercolor Paper
- Ink: Stazon Jet Black, Polished Pink, Crushed Curry, Pumpkin Pie
- Accessories: Dragonflies Punch, Stitched With Whimsy Dies, Wink of Stella, masking tape
- Technique: Magical Masking
… inside and envelope
The 2021 Annual Catalogue has some amazing new products. Stop by regularly to check out my new creations. Click on the link below to download a PDF version.
The July to December Mini Catalogue will be around until 3 January. Download the PDF for the mini catalogue by clicking on the picture below.
Click on Shop Now to go to my online shop.