I have previously posted examples of the Blended Alcohol Background here. Today I have another 2 cards using the technique with dry embossing. Once again, thanks so much to Patty Bennett a US Stampin’ Up! demonstrator for the inspiration.
To ensure that the colours of the background and image do not ‘muddy’ each other, blend the background (part with no embossing) on the front of the vellum and the embossed image on the back of the vellum.
- Supplies to create the Blended Alcohol background:
- 90% or above Isopropyl Alcohol
- Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers
- Paint Brush or Water Painter
- How to create the Blended Alcohol background on dry embossing:
- Emboss a piece of vellum cardstock with the embossing folder.
- Use the Blends to add splotches of each colour randomly across the embossed areas on the vellum cardstock. Do not leave very much white space.
- Dip paint brush into alcohol and dab each of the splotches. The colours will start to move and blend into each other.
- Allow the panel to dry and then add splatters of alcohol with the paint brush.
- Allow splatters to dry.
- Attach to white cardstock with Adhesive Sheets or use a sponge and Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- The Magnolia Embossing Folder has a lot of open space and the leaves are not as heavily embossed as the flowers. Use the blends and alcohol on the petals and ensure that they are fully dry before completing the technique on the leaves. It may be necessary to add extra detail (eg outline, veins) to the leaves with the Blends.
- On the front of the vellum use the blends and alcohol on the background (area not embossed).
- Stamp Set: Many Messages
- Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Basic White, Vellum
- Ink: Versamark
- Accessories: Messages Die, White Embossing Powder, Magnolia 3D EF, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, 100% Isopropyl Alcohol, Stampin’ Blends – Magenta Madness, Shaded Spruce, Daffodil Delight
Evergreen Forest card:
- The Evergreen Forest Embossing Folder has a lot of trees. Vary the shades of green to ensure you get lots of detail.
- I die cut the panel with an Ornate Layers Die and used the negative image on the inside of the card.
- Stamp Set: Christmas to Remember
- Cardstock: Merry Merlot, Basic White, Vellum, Gold Metallic Specialty Paper
- Ink: Merry Merlot
- Accessories: Ornate Layers Dies, Evergreen Forest 3D EF, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, 100% Isopropyl Alcohol, Stampin’ Blends – Evening Evergreen, Just Jade, Soft Succulent, Misty Moonlight
The 2021 Annual Catalogue has some amazing new products. Stop by regularly to check out my new creations. Click on the link below to download a PDF version.
The July to December Mini Catalogue is now live and will be around until 3 January. In conjunction with this catalogue we have a special Sale-A-Bration promotion during August and September. For every $90 you spend (before postage) you will earn a FREE product from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. Download the PDF for the mini catalogue by clicking on the picture below.
Click on Shop Now to go to my online shop.