I have previously posted examples of the Blended Alcohol Background here. Today I am taking it a step further by dry embossing the vellum before using the technique. I have 2 cards today and will have another 2 cards in next Sunday’s post. Thanks so much to Patty Bennett a US Stampin’ Up! demonstrator for the inspiration.
To ensure that the colours of the background and image do not ‘muddy’ each other, blend the background (part with no embossing) on the front of the vellum and the embossed image on the back of the vellum.
- Supplies to create the Blended Alcohol background:
- 90% or above Isopropyl Alcohol
- Stampin’ Blends Alcohol Markers
- Paint Brush or Water Painter
- How to create the Blended Alcohol background on dry embossing:
- Emboss a piece of vellum cardstock with the embossing folder.
- Use the Blends to add splotches of each colour randomly across the embossed areas on the vellum cardstock. Do not leave very much white space.
- Dip paint brush into alcohol and dab each of the splotches. The colours will start to move and blend into each other.
- Allow the panel to dry and then add splatters of alcohol with the paint brush.
- Allow splatters to dry.
- Attach to white cardstock with Adhesive Sheets or use a sponge and Multipurpose Liquid Glue.
- The Dandelions Embossing Folder has a lot of detail in the blooms. Use the technique on them, allow to dry and then use the Old Olive Blends to fill in the stem and leaves – no need to add alcohol.
- On the front of the vellum use the blends and alcohol on the background (area not embossed).
- Use Stazon ink to stamp any images on the finished vellum panel.
- Stamp Sets: Dragonfly Garden, Many Messages
- Cardstock: Blackberry Bliss, Basic White, Vellum
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stazon Jet Black
- Accessories: Messages Die, Dandelions 3D EF, Dragonflies Punch, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, 100% Isopropyl Alcohol, Stampin’ Blends – Misty Moonlight, Old Olive, Daffodil Delight, Blackberry Bliss
- The Seashells Embossing Folder has a lot of detail with the shells and plants. To ensure that the lighthouse panel was separated from the embossed layer, a additional layer of vellum (Seasonal Labels Die) was placed under the Just Jade circle.
- Stamp Sets: Sailing Home
- Cardstock: Just Jade, Shimmery White, Basic White, Vellum
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
- Accessories: Smooth Sailing Dies, Seashells 3D EF, Seasonal Labels Dies, Stitched Shapes Dies, Dimensionals, Wink of Stella, 100% Isopropyl Alcohol, Stampin’ Blends – Petal Pink, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Just Jade, Gray Granite, Crumb Cake
The 2021 Annual Catalogue has some amazing new products. Stop by regularly to check out my new creations. Click on the link below to download a PDF version.
The July to December Mini Catalogue is now live and will be around until 3 January. In conjunction with this catalogue we have a special Sale-A-Bration promotion during August and September. For every $90 you spend (before postage) you will earn a FREE product from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. Download the PDF for the mini catalogue by clicking on the picture below.
Click on Shop Now to go to my online shop.