Today I have a quick and easy fancy fold card for you.
Here it is closed ….
… and this is it open looking towards the bottom
… and this is the top open
- Stamp Sets: Friend Like You, Itty Bitty Birthdays
- Cardstock: Highland Heather, Whisper White, Purple Posy DSP
- Ink: Old Olive, Mango Melody, Poppy Parade, Highland Heather
- Accessories: Stitched Nested Labels Dies, Old Olive Linen Thread, Dimensionals, Aqua Painter
- Card Base: 14.8cm x 10.5cm (5½” x 4¼”)
- Whisper White layer: 14.3cm x 10cm (5-3/8″ x 4-1/8″)
- DSP: 2 pieces each 7.6cm x 10cm (3″ x 4-1/8″)
- Scrap colour and white for die cuts
- Score the DSP pieces at 2.6cm (1″) on the long side. Burnish the score line.
- Fold the wide pieces of the DSP to a point and glue the point closed.
- Decorate the white layer as desired.
- Attach the 2.6cm (1″) part of the DSP behind the top of the white layer. Repeat with the other piece of DSP behind the bottom of the white layer then attach the white layer to the card base.
- Die cut the coloured scrap cardstock with the second largest Nested Labels die.
- Die cut the white scrap cardstock with the third largest Nested Labels die and decorate as desired.
- Attach the white die cut to the coloured die cut.
- Fold the DSP pieces onto the card. Position the die cut so that it is equidistant from the top and bottom of the card. Attach the top of the die cut to the top piece of DSP as shown in the third photo.
- OPTIONAL: stamp a small sentiment and attach with dimensionals to the bottom piece of DSP so that the point of the die cut panel slips in behind it.
I would love to see your projects made with this fancy fold.