This week the Color Challenge at Splitcoaststampers has a nautical dessert option. I am not sure whether this one is truly nautical, but it is definitely related to the sea. Click on the link to find out more about the challenge for this week.
Here are the colours for this week’s challenge ….
… and here is my card
- There is a lot going on with this card.
- I have stamped the images on Shimmery White cardstock with Early Espresso ink and watercoloured with inks and an Aqua Painter before fussy cutting them all.
- The Coastal Cabana frame was die cut and embossed with the Heirloom Frames Dies and 3D Embossing Folder, and then sponged with Coastal Cabana ink for extra depth.
- The eye of the sea horse is a plain rhinestone coloured with a Basic Black Stampin’ Blend.
- The shells, coral and sea horse have a coating of Shimmery Crystal Effects for added sparkle. The sea dollars, sea horse and coral only have small areas covered, whilst the other shells are fully covered with the Crystal Effects.
- Stamp Set: Seaside Notions
- Cardstock: Blueberry Bushel, Coastal Cabana, Shimmery White, Whisper White, Coastal Cabana DSP
- Ink: Blueberry Bushel, Coastal Cabana, Lovely Lipstick, Early Espresso, Crumb Cake, Soft Suede
- Accessories: Heirloom Frames 3D Embossing Folders and Dies, Holiday Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Rhinestone Basic Jewels, Light Basic Black Stampin’ Blend, Dimensionals, Shimmery Crystal Effects
- … the inside and envelope
Why not have a go at this challenge? I would love to see your projects.