A quick and easy technique which produces WOW results is the Faux Tile Technique. Today, I have a video to show you how simple it is to create this technique. Over the next few days, I will be showcasing some of the different tiling effects.
Here is the card that I made in the video.
- Here are the supplies, measurements and some basic instructions. Check out the video for full details on the technique.
- Stamps – Falling Flowers, Itty Bitty Greetings
- Card Stock – Thick Whisper White, Coastal Cabana, Whisper White
- Ink – Coastal Cabana, Sahara Sand
- Accessories – Basic Jewel Pearls
- Card Base (Thick Whisper White): 21cm x 14.8cm scored at 10.5cm (8½” x 5½” scored at 4¼”)
- Coastal Cabana: 13.8cm x 9.5cm (5¼” x 4″), 9.5cm x 1cm (4″ x 3/8″)
- Whisper White: 13.3cm x 9cm (5-1/8″ x 3-7/8″)
- Create a grid on the Whisper White layer using a scoring board or the scoring tool on a paper trimmer.
- Today’s card is scored diagonally at 2.5cm (1″).
- Stamp main images with Coastal Cabana ink to create a tile look. The images will not stamp in the grid lines.
- Use a Sahara Sand marker to fill in the ‘grout’ on the tiles.
- Attach tile panel to Coastal Cabana layer and then to front of card base.
- Stamp sentiment on Coastal Cabana strip with Coastal Cabana ink and attach across the lower part of the card front.
- Add some pearls for embellishment.
- Some grid sizings:
- score every 2.5cm (1″) horizontal and vertical
- score 2cm (1″) then 1cm (½”) horizontal and vertical
- score every 1cm (½”) diagonally
- score every 2.5cm (1″) diagonally
- Some grid sizings:
- Just a little decoration for the inside and envelope …
Here is the video with all the details:
You can see other projects that I have made with this technique here.
Today is the last day for Sale-A-Bration. Visit my online shop to take advantage of the FREE products now.
Sale-A-Bration is here! Earn yourself FREE products:
Click on the photo of the Occasions Catalogue to download a PDF file
You can download a PDF version of the 2018 Annual Catalogue, or contact me if you would like your own copy.