Here is another example of the Polished Stone technique. This one uses vibrant colours to create the perfect background for a silhouette.
- This technique creates the look of polished stone on a glossy background.
- Put a small amount of rubbing alcohol onto a cotton ball.
- Add two or three drops of a light coloured reinker and then add a drop or two of metallic ink or Shimmer Paint to the centre of the cotton ball. (Metallic / Shimmer is optional but will add a WOW to the look.)
- Dab the cotton ball onto glossy white cardstock until the entire surface is covered.
- Once dry, use as a background piece, die cut or stamp images as desired.
- For this card, Gorgeous Grape and Pacific Point inks were used with Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint over the whole panel. The lower part of the panel was then inked direct to paper with Memento Tuxedo Black ink.
- Stamp Set: Rooted in Nature
- Cardstock: Thick Very Vanilla, Gorgeous Grape, Glossy White
- Ink: Gorgeous Grape, Pacific Point, Memento Tuxedo Black
- Accessories: Champagne Mist Shimmer Paint, Cotton Balls, Isocol Rubbing Alcohol
- … a little decoration for the inside.
Sale-A-Bration is here! Earn yourself FREE products:
Click on the photo of the Occasions Catalogue to download a PDF file
You can download a PDF version of the 2018 Annual Catalogue, or contact me if you would like your own copy.