Today’s card makes great use of masking. This was my card for a recent team shoe box swap.
I have been wanting to get the Swirly Frames stamp set since I first saw it in the Annual Catalogue earlier this year. Here is my first attempt with it and the Winter Woods bundle from the Holiday Catalogue.
- Stamps – Winter Woods, Swirly Frames
- Card Stock – Night of Navy, Whisper White, Sahara Sand
- Ink – Versamark, Balmy Blue, Night of Navy, Soft Suede
- Accessories – In the Woods Framelits, Everyday Label Punch, Black Embossing Powder, Clear Embossing Powder, Shimmery White Embossing Paste, Stamparatus, Wink of Stella, Dimensionals, Sponges
- Use the ‘hill’ die to pencil in a ‘hill’ about two-thirds from the top of the larger Whisper White panel.
- Stamp the large rectangle from Swirly Frames in the centre of the panel with Versamark and heat emboss with Black Embossing Powder.
- Mask outside of, and the frame itself. Ensure that the part of the hill that is in the frame is also masked.
- Stamp the row of trees in the frame with Versamark and heat emboss with Clear Embossing Powder. Remove the mask before adding the Embossing Powder.
- Put the mask back and lightly sponge over the trees with Balmy Blue. Remove excess ink with a paper towel. Remove the mask.
- Mask the frame and inside of it.
- Mask the hill that is outside of the frame.
- Use the Stamparatus for hinge stamping to stamp the tree trunks repeatedly across the panel with Soft Suede ink. Wipe ink off masking paper before sponging.
- Sponge Balmy Blue across the tree trunks. Sponge Night of Navy across the top of the trunks, and along the edges of the panel.
- Remove the mask. Erase the pencil lines of the hill.
- Add Shimmery White Embossing Paste to create the illusion of snow on the hill and the trees.
- Stamp sentiment on Sahara Sand with Night of Navy ink and punch out with Everyday Label Punch. Trim the top and bottom off the punched shape.
- Stamp two pine cones on Whisper White with Soft Suede ink and die cut.
- Die cut one of the leafless trees with Whisper White.
- Attach the die cut tree to the back of the sentiment panel towards the right hand side.
- Attach the pine cone on the left hand side of the sentiment panel.
- Cover sentiment panel, pine cone and tree with Wink of Stella and then attach to the bottom right hand side of the card with Dimensionals.
- Attach the completed art panel to the front of the Night of Navy card base.
- Stamp inside panel (smaller Whisper White) and envelope with tree trunks and trees in Soft Suede, then lightly sponge with ink left on Balmy Blue sponge. Add the other pine cone to the inside panel.
For the inside …
Contact me if you would like a PDF file with these instructions.
Click on the photo of the Holiday Catalogue to download a PDF file.
The 2018 Annual Catalogue is now available. You can download a PDF version here, or contact me if you would like your own copy.
3 thoughts on “Winter Woods and Swirly Frames with Masking”
Thank you Debbie. I have emailed you the PDF file. Happy stamping.
Winter Woods and Swirly Frames with Masking…I LOVE IT !!! Could you please send me the PDF file with the instructions ? Thais is soooooo beautiful! Debbie Neuman, firstname.lastname@example.org . Thanks !!
LikeLiked by 1 person