Today, I have a quick and easy card vintage style card using Touches of Texture for the images and Dragonfly Dreams for the sentiment. The idea for the project came from ‘trawling’ through an old catalogue (2007-2008 Annual Catalogue) to be precise.
Here is the card from the old catalogue. You can see my note where I have indicated that the Canvas Background stamp was used on the right hand panel.
… and here is my modern take on it using current colours and stamp sets.
- Stamp some images tone on tone on the lower left hand corner of the Perfect Plum card base.
- Stamp the ‘lace’ image numerous times with Peekaboo Peach ink on a strip of Very Vanilla. Stamp the dragonfly with Perfect Plum ink in the centre of the left hand side of the strip.
- Attach the vanilla strip to the card base.
- Stamp the outline flower image with Perfect Plum ink on a scrap of Very Vanilla. Stamp the solid flower image with Peekaboo Peach ink over the outline image (two step stamping). Fussy cut the flower.
- Stamp a sentiment with Perfect Plum ink on Very Vanilla. Stamp the leaf stem with Peekaboo Peach over the sentiment.
- Layer the sentiment on Sweet Sugarplum and Peekaboo Peach cardstock and attach to the centre top of the card base.
- Add the fussy cut flower between the sentiment and the dragonfly using Dimensionals.
… dress up the inside too