In this week’s class, we made a selection of birthday cards to add to our stash. Big on
Birthdays was the stamp set being showcased.
- Don’t you love this big bold image which has a delicate bouquet with the sentiment? The flowers and leaves were coloured with Berry Burst and Tranquil Tide markers.
- The art panel was die cut with the largest of the Lots of Labels Framelits and cut down to provide some shape, but also to allow the doily and Berry Burst scalloped circle to peek through.
- After stamping tone on tone on the Lemon Lime Twist cardstock, a strip of vellum was punched with the Banner Triple Punch and added across the centre of the card.
- A little on the inside too ….
- A patchwork look with the Fresh Florals DSP (Powder Pink) against the Fresh Fig card base.
- 1/8″ gold ribbon helps to break up the different DSP panels and a small bow finishes it off nicely.
- The edges of the sentiment panel were sponged in the same colour as the card base for added highlights.
- A little of the DSP to brighten the inside …
- Tranquil Tide card base and the same colour Fresh Florals DSP create the background for another big bold sentiment image.
- Note how the Lemon Lime Twist stamped bow, 1/8″ Silver Ribbon and Silver Metallic Enamel Shapes accentuate the sentiment.
- A little of the DSP to jazz up the inside …
- A simple, yet very effective look is to repeat the sentiment multiple times. Here it was stamped on the DSP
- Berry Burst Color Theory DSP against a card base of the same colour creates a pretty monochromatic look.
- Add another sentiment on Whisper White and attach with Dimensionals.
- Note how the Whisper White Baker’s Twine divides the DSP from the card base.
- The pretty floral image for the inside …