Today’s cards use the Bokeh Technique. Bokeh is a photographic term and means the way the camera lens shows the out-of-focus points of light. In paper crafting, the effect can be created quite simply by using some circle stencils, Whisper White Craft Ink and a sponge dauber.
My first card has a background spritzed with Pool Party, Island Indigo and Elegant Eggplant inks. The base card is Naturals White with a layer of Island Indigo. The sentiment is from Four You.
The background for the second one was spritzed with Daffodil Delight and Pistachio Pudding. With this one, I also added some Pistachio Pudding daubed circles for additional texture. The art panel was layered onto Calypso Coral and a base of Baked Brown Sugar. The sentiment from Four You is in Always Artichoke.
Don’t forget to check out the Year End Closeouts in my shop. There are discounts of up to 80% on a variety of products [including some from the current Christmas catalogue]. Get in quickly before they disappear on 5 January 2015 – only a few days away.
Stampin’ Up! – what’s happening now:
- The Merry & Bright Extra Special Christmas Supplement has more great Christmas products. These are only available while stocks last. Check out the catalogue in my side bar, then visit my online shop to get your supplies.
- The Holiday Catalogue has only days to run. Some of the items have been discounted in the Year End Closeouts. Check them out in my shop.
- Check out the Weekly Deals and Clearance Rack while you are visiting my shop.
- Blendabilities are your new best colouring friends. They are an alcohol based marker that come in a pack of three – dark, medium and light. There are 12 colours and an assortment of 6 skin tones. Click here to check what I have made with them so far.
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?