The brayer is a great tool for a paper crafter to own. Unfortunately, it takes a lot of skill to master it. However, once mastered, the brayer can produce the most magnificent results. I am still in the very early learning stage, and as they say, practice makes perfect. For one of the Splitcoaststampers Dare to Get Dirty challenges, I thought I would try the bouncing brayer technique to create a sunburst effect.
I used the brayer with Crushed Curry ink on Whisper White. This was layered with Crushed Curry DSP on Bermuda Bay. The sentiment is from Feel Goods and was stamped in Bermuda Bay on Whisper White. The base card is Naturals White..
A very pretty effect, but I think I still need lots more practice.
What’s happening now with Stampin’ Up! – links to relevant posts are on the sidebar
- Until 30 September 2013, you can purchase the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and Bitty Butterfly Punch as a bundle and save 15%.
- The Holiday Catalogue is packed with great holiday ideas and products. Contact me to get your copy now.
- An assortment of holiday Single Stamps is available until 31 January 2014.
- Best of Limited Edition stamp set this month is Best of Christmas.
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?