I was showing my friend Denise some of my older cards and techniques recently. She really like the Felted Cardstock and wanted to try it out. I haven’t used this technique for many years [see my very early post here].
After some searching, she found some beautiful napkins which match Gumball Green and Melon Mambo perfectly. My first batch is made with Gumball Green and Melon Mambo, using Tempting Turquoise to layer on the Mambo, and Midnight Muse to layer on the Gumball. Accessories included Petals-a-Plenty TIEF, Needlepoint Scallop Border TIEF, Honeycomb TIEF, Beautiful Wings Embosslits, ¼” Basic Black Grosgrain ribbon [retired], and Basic Pearls [coloured with Sharpie marker]. Sentiments came from Sassy Salutations, Vintage Verses [retired], and Happy Greetings [retired].
Aren’t they pretty? I’ll be back later with some more using different colour card stocks.
Thanks for choosing such a pretty pattern for this technique Denise.
Want to know how we made them? Just follow these instructions:
- Find some napkins that are at least 2 ply.
- Carefully remove the patterned layer from the backing pieces.
- Lay a piece of Whisper White card stock onto half a newspaper [about 10 sheets].
- Cover the card stock with some cling wrap and lay your patterned napkin over this.
- Place 2 sheets of newspaper over the napkin.
- Heat an iron to the lowest non-steam setting [make sure the steam setting is turned off] and iron over the newspaper until the cling wrap melts and fuses the napkin to the card stock.
- Take care when you lift the newspaper as it will be hot. Check that it has fully fused, especially around the edges of the card stock. If not completely fused, iron again.
- Let cool, then snip away any napkin overhanging the cardstock.
- You can then cut the felted cardstock with a paper trimmer, or dies [e.g. Framelits] to use on your projects.
How easy is that?
What’s happening now with Stampin’ Up!
- Only a few more days for retiring products. Check them out in my shop.
- Have you tried the FREE 30 day trial of My Digital Studio?
- The Seasonal Catalogue will only be available until 30 June. Check it out on the sidebar, and scroll through my posts to see some samples of the great products.
If you wish to add to your stamping supplies, you can now shop 24/7 in my online shop.