Today I have a short tutorial on how to do the Faux Silk Technique. It is a while since I have made one of these. Thanks to Veronica for asking for the instructions.
You will need a piece of tissue paper [any colour], Anywhere Glue Stick, card stock in neutral and colour, stamps, inks.
Firstly decide the size of your piece. I have used a piece of Whisper White 10cm x 6.9cm [2½” x 4″], and Always Artichoke 10.5cm x 7.4cm [2¾” x 4¼”].
- Cut a piece of tissue paper about 2cm [¾”] larger than the neutral piece.
- Stamp your images on the tissue paper.
- When ink is dry, crumple tissue paper up into a small ball.
- Open it out but don’t remove all the creases.
- Using the Anywhere Glue Stick, cover the neutral piece with glue
- Pat the tissue paper over it, making sure there are still creases in the tissue.
- Turn the card stock over, and cut the tissue paper as shown in the picture.
- Use the glue stick to adhere the tissue paper to the back of the card stock.
- Cut the excess tissue paper.
- Adhere the other two sides of the tissue paper.
I then put my finished piece on a base of Primrose Petals, added a butterfly stamped with the same image and cut with the Elegant Butterfly Punch, some Primrose Petals Satin Stitched Ribbon and a ribbon slide to complete the project.
Isn’t it pretty? So simple and quick to put together, but a stunning finish.
What’s happening now with Stampin’ Up!
- Annual Sale-a-bration is now in full swing. This great promotion allows you to receive a free item for every $100 you spend.
- TODAY is the last day to order from The Holiday Catalogue.
- The new Seasonal Catalogue starts on 1 February. Stay tuned for more details. PS You are going to LOVE it.
If you wish to add to your stamping supplies, AND receive some free products too, I would be happy to place an order for you. Just send me an email.