Today’s technique is an oldie but a goodie. The Poppin’ Pastels Technique has been around for a very long time and is coming back into vogue.
- One of the new products in the current Annual Catalogue is the set of Soft Pastels. I do not have them, but luckily I still have the original Stampin’ Pastels to play with.
- This card uses an old but fun technique known as Poppin’ Pastels:
- Die cut a piece of Basic White cardstock with the largest of the Seasonal Labels Dies.
- Stamp images with Versamark ink.
- Add pastels using Blending Brushes or Sponge Daubers. The pastels will stay on the stamped images thanks to the sticky nature of the Versamark ink.
- Emboss a piece of Fresh Freesia cardstock with the Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder.
- Attach a piece of ribbon across the centre of the panel and add to a card base of the same colour.
- Use Dimensionals to attach the art panel.
- For the sentiment, you can either stamp with Mossy Meadow ink or use the Poppin’ Pastels technique and stamp in Versamark and colour with Blending Brushes. To add colour around the edge of the sentiment panel, lightly press edges on the Versamark ink pad and then colour with Blending Brushes.
- Stamp Set: Tasteful Touches
- Cardstock: Fresh Freesia, Basic White
- Ink: Versamark, Mossy Meadow
- Accessories: Stampin’ Pastels, Seasonal Labels Dies, Hammered Metal 3D Embossing Folder, Dimensionals, Blending Brushes, Fresh Freesia Open Weave Ribbon
- Technique: Poppin’ Pastels
… inside and envelope
You can purchase the Soft Pastels Assortment from my online shop here.
The 2021 Annual Catalogue has some amazing new products. Stop by regularly to check out my new creations. Click on the link below to download a PDF version.
The July to December Mini Catalogue is now live and will be around until 3 January. In conjunction with this catalogue we have a special Sale-A-Bration promotion during August and September. For every $90 you spend (before postage) you will earn a FREE product from the Sale-A-Bration brochure. Download the PDF for the mini catalogue by clicking on the picture below.
Click on Shop Now to go to my online shop.