The sketch …
My card ….
- The Crinkled Chalk Technique is a quick and easy way to create a diverse range of backgrounds. The original technique uses chalk inks, but you can use any inks that you have. I did use chalk inks which I still had in my stash from a few years ago.
- All you need to do is to crunch up a piece of plastic wrap, lightly tap onto the ink pad and then ‘stamp’ randomly over the cardstock. Repeat with as many colours as you like. The patterns will vary depending on how you have crunched up the plastic wrap.
- After creating the background, stamp images as desired to decorate your project. I used the large circle from Swirly Frames and heat embossed it with Black Embossing Powder. The leaf was stamped in chalk ink and the sentiment in Memento Tuxedo Black.
- Stamp Set: Rooted in Nature, Swirly Frames
- Cardstock: Bumblebee, Basic Black, Whisper White
- Ink: Versamark, Memento Tuxedo Black, Color Box Chalk: Yellow Citrus, Aquamarine, Rose Coral
- Accessories: Black Embossing Powder, plastic wrap
For the inside and envelope ….
I would love to hear from you and see your creations using this technique.