Today I have a new technique (for me) known as magic stencilling.
- This is a really simple technique.
- Use a sponge or the direct to paper method with Seaside Spray ink on a piece of Shimmery White cardstock. (The darker the ink, the better this technique will work.)
- Take one of the Basic Pattern Decorative Masks (I used the tree trunks) and place on a Silicone Sheet. Spritz lightly with water, then carefully turn it over onto the sponged cardstock. Blot with a piece of paper towel to remove excess water, then remove mask from the cardstock. Allow to dry.
- Because the ink is water based, the water on the stencil will remove some of the ink on the cardstock, leaving a beautiful stencilled image.
- Die cut a thin frame using the Stitched Rectangles Dies with Whisper White cardstock.
- Die cut the solid and detailed tree using the In the Woods Dies and Whisper White cardstock.
- Attach the stencilled layer to the card base, then add the frame and tree images. Dot some liquid glue over the cut pieces of the tree and add Dazzling Diamonds glitter.
- Stamp the star above the tree with Silver Metallic ink.
- Stamp the sentiment below the tree with Memento Tuxedo Black
- Stamp Set: Merry Christmas to All, Beauty & Joy
- Cardstock: Thick Whisper White, Shimmery White, Whisper White
- Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Seaside Spray, Metallic Silver
- Accessories: Stitched Rectangles Dies, In the Woods Dies, Dazzling Details, Basic Pattern Decorative Masks, Spritzer
- Decorate the inside and envelope to match.