This month, the theme for my classes is “Getting Inky”. ‘The class earlier this week was based on using Baby Wipes for the ‘ink pad’.
- Fold a Baby Wipe in half and half again and place on a Silicon Craft Sheet.
- Add a few drops of your favourite reinkers (Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo and Peekaboo Peach inks created these colourful stripes).
- Fold the Baby Wipe so that all the colours are showing along an edge.
- Swipe the edge of the Baby Wipe along the Whisper White cardstock until the whole panel is covered. (I have used straight ‘swipes’, but you could swipe in both directions for a plaid look or even ‘swirl’ to create a different look.)
- The colours will stay ‘wet’ for quite a long time, so you will be able to use your ‘ink pad’ for a few projects.
To complete this project:
- Swipe the Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad around the outside edges of a Thick Whisper White card base to create a faux layer.
- Attach striped baby wipe layer to the card base.
- Stamp the oak tree image from Lovely as a Tree on Whisper White and die cut with one of the Lots of Labels Framelits. Use sponge daubers to add colour to the tree and background. (I used Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede, and Soft Sky inks.)
- Die cut a piece of Garden Green with the next largest Lots of Labels Framelits to layer the art panel, and attach to the striped panel.
- Stamp a sentiment from Balloon Celebration and punch with the Duet Banner Punch and attach to the art panel with dimensionals.
- Add three White Perfect Accents to the lower right hand corner of the card.
Check out my classes timetable from the link in the sidebar, and contact me to join a class and have fun learning new techniques.
Contact me or visit my shop to take advantage of the Designer Series Paper offer.